Thank you for choosing One Nevada Credit Union. We're dedicated to ensuring that your transition from your previous bank is a smooth one. The five easy steps below will guide you through the process of switching your accounts to us.
- Gather all pertinent information about your existing account.
- Review your last few statements and note all automatic payments (remember to leave sufficient funds to cover any outstanding checks or pending automatic payments).
Note: Keep in mind that not all automatic payments that you have previously established occur on a monthly basis. For example, insurance payments, automobile association dues and federal and state tax returns/ payments can occur on irregular intervals such as bimonthly, quarterly or even an annual basis.
Move Your Direct Deposit & Automatic Payments
- Prepare to move your direct deposit by completing the Direct Deposit Transfer Letter.
Note: you may be asked to fill out an additional form by the party making the direct deposit.
- To transfer Social Security direct deposit, you can either call Social Security Administration at (800) 772-1213 or go to www.ssa.gov/deposit/howtosign.htm
- Set up new automatic payments.
You can use our Automatic Payment Transfer Letter, or consider our Online Banking with Free Bill Pay as an alternative that gives you more control over your money.
(If you're setting up more than one automatic payment, print or make additional copies of the Automatic Payment Transfer Letter for each automatic payment)
Close Your Old Account
- Confirm all checks have cleared and all automatic payments have been made.
- Complete the Account Closure Request Letter and send it to your old bank. Remember that some financial institutions may require you to fill out additional forms. If your account is an interest- bearing account, please consider your account closing date carefully.
- Destroy any unused checks, ATM/debit cards, and deposit slips associated with your old accounts.
- Start using your new One Nevada account exclusively.
Keep Copies For Your Records
- Remember to keep a copy of all documents, letters and forms for your personal records.
Transfer Other Accounts
- Consider making your financial life less complicated by transferring other accounts to One Nevada. Transfer your credit card balances to our Visa® Platinum Rewards Credit Card and enjoy low rates on balance transfers. With all of your funds in one place, your banking will be easier. Our financial service representatives will be better able to help you manage your finances and find ways to make your money work harder for you.
- Call us at (800) 388-3000 or visit one of our branches or and we will be happy to assist you.
We're here to help you make the switch an easy one. Thanks again for choosing One Nevada.